You can set up customized, branded login pages for when users need to log into Veracross. This can easily be configured within Axiom.
To adjust the branding for the login pages:
When you are uploading a file to a person record, you can set the file classification (security) for that file, but you might notice that all of the classifications available in your system are not available on the classification list to choose from. It will display classifications in which:
- The Classification "Table Name" is blank
- The Classification "Table Name" is "Person"
Here's a screenshot of the Classifications Query, with pointers to the records that fit these criteria:
This logic ensures you won't attach a file to a Classification that was set up for a different record type.
More information about this can be found here.
There can be some sensitive data in the 'Destination' tab of the Data Packages detail record. Users must have one of the following security roles: SysAdmin_1, SysAdmin_2, Data_Package_Admin
Specifically when using the 'Export Destination' option of 'SFTP' which will have 'Username' and 'Password' values:
Sometimes, you may need to delete a workspace folder that was made in error or perhaps belonged to someone no longer associated with your school. To delete a workspace folder in Axiom, perform the following steps:
- Ensure that the folder is empty.
- To do this, navigate to the workspace folder you want to delete and proceed to either delete the saved queries and records that are located there or move them to a new workspace.
- Both options can be selected once you press the "Edit" button on either the query section or record section.
- Once the workspace folder is empty, navigate back to the workspace that this folder is contained in, select "edit" on the folder, and delete the folder.
- To delete a full personal workspace, after making sure it is empty, open a ticket through the client support portal as Veracross needs to delete Personal workspaces.
You may also find the following articles helpful:
Following these steps, create the new classification for gifts assigning the table corresponding to the type of record you are attaching the file to (e.g. donation or pledge).
Since files may be related to donations or pledges, we recommend creating separate file classification types, one linked to the Donations table and the other linked to the Pledges table with a description to match each table to ensure there is no confusion when uploading the file to the record.
- Description: Donation
- Table: Donations
- Description: Pledge
- Table: Pledges
Workspaces are a valuable tool used to save queries, records, or bookmarks to queries in another workspace for easy retrieval. Workspaces can be shared spaces between members of a department, personal spaces per user, or system pages accessible by everyone.
To add a personal workspace for a new person at your school, follow these steps:
- From their Person record in Axiom, click on the Action menu (lightning bolt).
- Run the Create Personal Workspace procedure.
This creates the user's personal workspace. If they do not immediately see their new workspace, they most likely need to log out and then log back into Axiom.
You may also find the following articles helpful:
No! You can easily look at an existing school-definied group and update a group to the current school year. From the group record, run the "Update Group School Year to Current School Year" procedure on the Action menu.
To add additional text to a login page, perform the following steps:
- Navigate to the Branding Configuration link on the System homepage.
- Select the "Login Page" option to navigate to the branding configuration record for the Login page.
- Enter either a header text, a footer text, or both!
- Typical use cases for these fields are messages such as who to contact if the user is having trouble logging in.
The Communications: SMS homepage is accessible to anyone with any of the following security roles:
Is there a way to add additional options to the list of search choices on the Axiom Launchpad search?
By leveraging the Launchpad Quickview option for queries, you can effectively search for anything without having to open a query design. To do this, perform the following steps:
- Search for the query by name.
- Once you've found your selection, click the "Tab" button on your keyboard to select the query quick view.
- The search bar changes the display to show that you've selected a specific query. You can now run the query by entering a value for a single criteria field.
For queries that have been previously saved to a workspace, it's possible to change the Criteria Field available on the Launchpad Quickview from the default to another value included in the query design. To do this, perform the following steps:
- On the query design page, click the Query tab in the included field section at the top center of the screen.
- Scroll down to find the Launchpad Quickview Options section, and choose a value from the Criteria Field dropdown menu.
Example Scenario: The front desk administrator prefers to look up students by ID number. Save a version of the Find Person Query where Role=Student and Person ID has been included in the results. From the Launchpad Quickview Options on the Query tab (1), select Person ID (2) and then Overwrite the query design (3). The administrator can now look up a specific student by ID number without having to find a query.
NOTE: Do not attempt to overwrite the query templates found on homepages. Always save a version to a workspace before proceeding.
The Axiom Launchpad Search allows you to find and access query results right from the Launchpad, and works for any query to which you have access, including personal queries. You can determine how the Axiom Launchpad Search interacts with your query by setting the Launchpad Quickview Options on your query design and following these steps:
- From the query design screen, click on the ‘Query’ tab and scroll to the bottom of the screen.
- In the ‘Launchpad Quickview Options’ section, set each field accordingly.
- Save your query changes. If you’re altering Launchpad Quickview Options for a default system query, it’s important that you save your own version of the query first.
The field settings are as follows:
- Criteria Field - Which field within your query design will you be using to search?
- Link Field - Which record within your query results should open when you click on a result?
- Description Field - What field information should show as the main description of your query result?
- Context Field - What field information should show as additional information within your query result?
For reference, you can read more about the Axiom Launchpad Search in this documentation article.
The audit log tracks user and system changes made to a record. For record types with audit logs available, there is a display in the upper right corner that shows details on the most recent update and a blue Audit Log link that will allow user to expand a table displaying additional record changes.
It is also possible to query for audit log changes by using the Find Audit Log Records link in the upper left corner of the System homepage.
Since audit logs include date/time and user values, they can be especially useful when trying to troubleshoot unanticipated changes, or when trying to replicate a series of steps.
Why does the Pronoun field in a query display a value when the field on the record itself displays “No Selection”?
The Pronouns field in your query is pulling the default pronouns from the gender assigned to the Person, if the Pronouns field on the Person record is set to “No Selection”.
For example: “He/Him” will display in the Pronouns query field for anyone with the gender Male that has “No Selection” on their record.
The Pronouns field on the Person detail functions as an override to the defaults, and will show in queries when the Pronoun Override field is added to the design.
The Pronoun Override field may be batch updated via a query if a school wishes to update the Pronouns field on records.