As of July 12, 2021, this "Learn Veracross" site has been deprecated. It will remain live through December 2022, but will no longer be updated. All knowledge content has moved to the new Veracross Community. Please update your bookmarks.
The Integrity Checks report on the AutoPay batch record is used to help identify possible data problems that could result in the AutoPay batch from running with incorrect, or unwanted AutoPay amounts. These checks will allow you to review potential data issues or constraints that need to be resolved on the back end or by contacting parents prior to approving the AutoPay batch.
Integrity and Validation for AutoPay Batches
On the AutoPay homepage, click the Integrity Types query, which is a configuration list of all integrity checks that will be run against the AutoPay batches.
Each integrity check has a severity:
- Critical: Critical checks deal with likely payment failure (i.e. credit card expired) or a parent potentially being unaware of the AutoPay payment or payment amount. Review and address these issues immediately.
- High: High checks deal with the same scenarios as the critical checks but situations that are slightly less urgent or less certain that the data is still in a bad state (i.e. payment account failed last time it was used). Review and address these issues before the scheduled reminder date or scheduled batch date.
- Medium: Medium checks look for situations where data falls outside of the norm or situations where potential data input errors have occurred. Review and address these issues as you are able.
- Low: Low checks look for the same scenarios as medium checks but situations that are less urgent or less certain that data errors have occurred. These are potential issues that you may want to review and address at some point.
AutoPay batches with existing integrity checks — including critical ones — will still run.
The Integrity Types query is grouped by category and if you are interested in the specifics of the Integrity Check you can click into that Description and it will give you a full description of what the integrity check is and does.
Integrity Checks in the AutoPay Batch Record
Integrity checks and their effect on the AutoPay batches are displayed in different ways to make it clear to the user. First, if there are any critical integrity checks in an AutoPay Batch, the AutoPay Batch will display highlighted in red to alert the user.
Additionally, on the AutoPay Batch record, Processing Queue Tab there is a now an Integrity Report and Critical Issues section, to allow for easy understanding of the Integrity checks affecting the batch.
The Integrity Report tab on the AutoPay Batch Record displays four tabs of information.
- Integrity Checks - Batch Item: displays all integrity checks related to specific AutoPay Batch Items
- Integrity Checks - Invoice: displays all integrity checks related to specific to Invoices
- Integrity Checks - Batch: displays all integrity checks related to specific to the AutoPay Batch configuration
- Integrity Checks - Ignore: displays all integrity checks that were chosen to be ignored
To review the integrity checks specifically, click into the Record Count number to be directed to a query of those specific checks.
"Ignoring" Integrity Checks
When reviewing integrity checks on the AutoPay batch record, you have the option to 'ignore' this integrity check instead of fixing it. This is you acknowledging that although flagged, it is actually correct. All ignored integrity checks will be moved to the Integrity Checks - Ignore tab on the Integrity Checks Tab. When ignoring integrity checks, you can add a note explaining why you ignored it.
Refreshes of these Integrity Checks are performed during the nightly scripts. You can manually refresh them by running the "Refresh Integrity Checks" on the Action Menu.