As of July 12, 2021, this "Learn Veracross" site has been deprecated. It will remain live at least through December 23, 2021, but will no longer be updated. All knowledge content has moved to the new Veracross Community. Please update your bookmarks.
AutoPay Security Role
AutoPay_Admin security role is required to access the AutoPay homepage and AutoPay batches. This homepage provides quick access to AutoPay batches and configuration options.
The AutoPay Batch Header Record
Batches are at the center of AutoPay functionality. They can be reviewed and approved. Reviewing batches is optional but suggested as part of your office’s workflow. Batches must be approved to move them through the AutoPay cycle.
These are the highlights of the header (“Processing Queue”) record:
|General||Batch Type||Invoice Payments|
|General||Scheduled Batch Date||Date that approved AutoPay batch will be automatically processed. |
|Scheduled Reminder||Date||Scheduled AutoPay Reminder date associated with the AutoPay batch.|
|Invoice Criteria||Begin Due Date||Begin date range for all unpaid invoice items included in the batch. Unpaid items dated earlier than the begin due date make up the Overdue Amount.|
|Invoice Criteria||End Due Date||End date range for all unpaid invoice items included in the batch.|
|Approval Status||Approved?||Status – a batch must be approved in order for it to run.|
|Review Status||Reviewed?||Optionally, mark the batch as reviewed to assist with batch workflow.|
On the right of the AutoPay batch header are validation fields that highlight details about the batch that are worthy of note. They are informational only and do not prevent the batch from being approved. Click the “Open Record” icon to view the payments.
- First Time Payment Account: Number of payments in this batch that are being paid by payment accounts where this is the first time that payment account has ever been used for anything related to AutoPay. This will be all of them the first time a batch runs.
- Non-resident Payment Account: The owner of the payment account does not live with the student whose invoice is going to be paid
- Amount-related Fields:
- Payment > Unpaid: payments that are charging more than the invoice’s unpaid amount
- Number of Overrides: payments with override amounts
- Override > Expected: payments with overrides greater than their respective expected amounts
- Override < Expected: payments with overrides less than their respective expected amounts
Below the header record (“Processing Queue”) are the payments that comprise the batch. The tabs act as quick filters:
- All Invoices: shows all invoices (the default view)
- Type – CC: displays only payments with the payment amount type of credit card
- Type – ACH: displays only payments with the payment amount type of ACH
- Overrides: displays payments with override amounts
- Excluded: displays payments that have been excluded by setting the “Status” field to “Exclude”
- Pending Payments: displays unposted pending payments
Here are the highlights:
|Status||Include or Exclude: Determines whether the payment will be included or excluded from the particular batch; manually update as needed|
|Modified||Displays system or manual modified records since the last batch “Review”.|
|Invoice Number||Link to the invoice towards which the payment will be counted.|
|Total Unpaid Amount||Reflects the unpaid amount on the invoice for reference.|
|Scheduled Amount||Reflects the scheduled amount toward this invoice. Click on the invoice number to see the invoice items used in the calculation.|
|Overdue Amount||Reflects any past due payments toward this invoice. Click on the invoice number to see the invoice items used in the calculation.|
|Pending Payments||Reflects any unposted payments toward this invoice.|
|Expected Amount||The amount that Veracross calculates should be paid. he Expected Amount equals the Schedule Amount + Overdue Amount - Pending Payments.|
|Override Amount||Manually enter an override if needed.|
|AutoPay Amount||Reflects either the expected or override amount.|
|Account Description||Reflects the credit card or bank account that will be used.|
|Resend Reminder Email||Select and update to manually resend reminder emails via the action menu.|