Payments are applied in due date order, chronologically oldest to newest, then by payment order (from Catalog Item) on an invoice.
- The payment order determines which payment applies first in cases where the due date is the same.
- Adjust the payment order on the catalog item.
Here are some tips:
- Payments are per invoice, so you cannot, for example, direct the system to pay an older invoice. The payer determines which invoice a payment applies to.
There are several reasons that the total amount due doesn't display properly on an invoice document (or AR Invoice Header). These could include:
- The statement date system parameter does not match the date for the AR invoice item
- Remember — the public value for the date of the statement date system parameter should match the AR invoice item date, not only the user value. The public value and user value for the can be quickly accessed and updated by running the "Update System Parameters" procedure in the action menu and clicking the "Link to System Parameter record" link to the right of "AR Statement Date".
To create an AR Aging report as of a certain date first select the date in which you would like to run it as by navigating to the AR Aging Reference Date parameter on the AR Workflow Homepage.
Next, before you run the report you need to run the "Refresh Aging Unpaid Amount' from the Action menu on the AR Workflow Homepage.
After this, you can run the AR Aging report as needed.
On the AR Invoice Item detail screen there are two fields that reference a posting date. The Posting Date is the date that the AR Invoice Item was posted to the General Ledger, compared to the Posting Process Date which is the date the posting process was executed by the user, posting date is the date it was posted to. By populating the posting date, the fiscal year and accounting period will also be populated.
What's a quick way to change the VCPay registration status on an AR Invoice from "N/A" to "Required?"
If a household with an active saved Payment Account in their VC Wallet is unable to enroll their AR Invoice in AutoPay, check the "Registration Status" of the AR Invoice.
If the "VCPay Registration Status" is set to "N/A" that indicates that they do not have registration records. You can check the Registration Status from the Registration Status Tba on the AR Invoice. In order to enroll in AutoPay, the family must register for VC Pay first.
To set VC Pay Registration to required, you will want to run the "Create Registration Records" Action button from the Invoice.
- Open the AR Invoice
- Click on the Action button
- Select the "Create Registration Records" action and press UPDATE
- Confirm that the status has changed from "N/A" to "Required"