As of July 12, 2021, this "Learn Veracross" site has been deprecated. It will remain live through December 2022, but will no longer be updated. All knowledge content has moved to the new Veracross Community. Please update your bookmarks.
Once an invoice is posted, the amount and expense account of the original invoice items cannot be changed. Instead, adjustments must be created. At the invoice header, you may only cancel the unpaid amount of the entire invoice. Any other adjustment must be made to individual invoice items.
There are three types of Reason Codes for adjustments to invoice items:
- Cancel: Remove Entire Item. Use this if you want to remove the item from the invoice. This results in the addition of an invoice item to reverse the original item. The item is charged to the original GL number. Enter only the adjustment reason.
- Transfer: Different GL. Use this if the item was charged to the wrong GL number. This results in the addition of two line items: one with a negative amount, and one with a positive amount. Enter only the reason code and the new GL number.
- Correction: Input/Coding Error. Use this if the dollar amount of the item is incorrect. This results in the addition of two new items: one with a negative amount to reverse the original entry, and a second with the new amount charged to the original GL number. Enter only the reason code and the corrected amount.
Adjustments cannot be made to invoice items that are currently scheduled for payment. When an invoice item is adjusted, the unpaid amounts on the original item(s) and the negative item(s) will be zeroed, leaving any unpaid amounts on the new or unadjusted items.
If cash-based journal entries are made in your installation, the adjustment process will automatically create any necessary entries to the cash basis journal.
1. Find the Invoice
To adjust a vendor invoice, first find the correct invoice: Navigate to the Accounts Payablehomepage and click Find an AP Invoice. Enter the desired search criteria and click Run Query . Click the desired invoice number from the query results screen. Read more about queries in Axiom.
2. Make the Adjustment
Select the Adjust tab.
- To cancel the whole invoice, check the Cancel?button and optionally enter a Temp. Adj. Dateto make the date other than “today.”
- To adjust an item, select a Temp Adj. Reason.
Click Update to confirm any adjustments.
Upon updating, the adjustment data items disappear from this tab and new items are created. Click the Header tab to see the old and new line items.
Note that adjustment items may be deleted before posting. If the adjustment is one of a pair of negative and positive items, both will be deleted if either is selected for deletion. If the invoice header was cancelled, you may not update or delete its items.
Invoice adjustments are posted in the same manner as regular invoice items. You can post adjustments in a special posting batch, or together with regular accounts payable invoices. Verify that your unposted query that is executed before posting includes the appropriate adjustments.
To post invoice adjustments, navigate to the Accounts Payable homepage and click Post AP Invoices. Enter the appropriate criteria and click Add Post AP Invoices .