As of July 12, 2021, this "Learn Veracross" site has been deprecated. It will remain live at least through October 1, 2021, but will no longer be updated. All knowledge content has moved to the new Veracross Community. Please update your bookmarks.
There are key roles, records, and concepts used in Veracross Admissions that are important to understand in order for the school to align their own understanding of Admissions with Veracross’s established workflow. The following is a list of terms and definitions organized by key areas within the Admissions module.
- Admissions Lead: the role given to someone who asks a question about the school, or someone who is met at a school fair. Whether or not that person will take any active interest in the school is not yet known.
- Prospect: the role given to the person who is inquiring. A prospect has definite interest in a particular year and grade for admission.
- Applicant: the role given to the person who is applying.
- Former Applicant: the role given to the person who has previously applied to the school.
- Future Student: the role given to the newly enrolled applicant.
- Former Student: the role given to the student who left the school for reasons other than graduation.
- Alumni: the role given to the student after their graduation date.
Admissions Process Records and Concepts
- Inquiry: the individual event record that is created at the time the prospect makes initial contact or shows interest in the school.
- Application: the record that is created when an applicant applies to the school (i.e. usually result of filling out the online application IF NOT using the Admission Portal, or the student questionnaire web form IF using the Admission Portal).
- Application Checklist: the list of activities/milestones the applicant must complete in order to move through the Admission process or have their application considered ready for review.
- Application Status: tracks the schools acceptance decision about an applicant.
- Admissions Decision: the school’s decision about the applicant (e.g. accepted, waitlisted, denied, etc.).
- Enrollment Decision: the applicant’s decision about the school’s Admissions offer (e.g. accept offer, decline offer, withdraw, etc.).
- Enrollment Checklist: the list of activities/milestones the future student must complete in order to move through the Enrollment process and be considered enrolled at the school.
Admission Detail Screens
- Candidate Detail Screen: the detail screen encompassing the role of prospect and applicant.
- Person Admission Detail Screen: the detail screen encompassing the role of applicant; contains admission information about the applicant and application. This screen is school year and grade level specific and is used to control the Admission Portal for the applicant.
- Person Enrollment Detail Screen: the detail screen encompassing the roles of future students or students; contains enrollment information about the future student and student. This screen is school year and grade level specific and is used to control the Online Enrollment and Re-enrollment process for the applicant.
- Student Detail Screen: The detail screen encompassing the roles of future student and student; contains information relevant to students. Student detail screens are typically different for lower school students versus middle/upper school students.
- Alumni Detail Screen: The detail screen encompassing the roles of former student and alumni; contains information relevant to alumni. When the “Find Alumni/Former Student” query is run, both student detail screens can be accessed in addition to the alumni detail screen. In other words, there may be times when schools need to view Alumni and/or Former students as if they were students.
- Group Events: Events that pertain to a collection of individuals
- Individual Events: Events that pertain to a individual person