As of July 12, 2021, this "Learn Veracross" site has been deprecated. It will remain live through December 2022, but will no longer be updated. All knowledge content has moved to the new Veracross Community. Please update your bookmarks.
This category contains documentation about Admissions Portal 3.0.
- What controls which season is listed as ‘current’ in the regisration season type?
- Can I resend a recommendation form email to a teacher?
- If I'm converting from AP2 to AP3, how can I add new checklist items to my registration season in 3.0 without adding new checklist items to existing 2.0 candidates?
- What is the Portals Form URL link for on Recommendation forms?
- Is it possible to copy a registration season back one year?
- How can I make a recommendation form question with a grid or likert scale options?
- How do I update the logo on the Veracross recommendation forms?
- What are the minimum required fields on an inquiry form?
- If a parent begins an inquiry in AP3 but doesn't complete it, could I see this information in Axiom?
- I got an error adding an admission fee or demographic form widget.
- How do I adjust the insert or update status of a form element?
- I added a checklist item, so why isn't it displaying in the admission portal?
- Can we include a link directly to the admission portal from an AP3 inquiry form?
- How do I copy a registration season in AP3?
- How do you add "none" as a organization drop-down option in a collection in AP3?
- Why can't I enter a name or email for a VC recommendation form in the portal?
- How do we allow faculty and staff to review applications?
- Which widget types in Admission Portal 3.0 respect the group event's max capacity?
- What does the Admission Portal 3.0 'Refresh Candidate Checklists' procedure do?
- In AP3 how can I convert an admission detail record to AP3?
- What is the “Accomplishment” System Form in AP3 for and how do I use it?
- In AP3, can I adjust the grade applying for (GAF) value in Axiom?
- When the ‘Refresh Checklist Items (AP3 Only)’ procedure is run, what happens to existing checklist items?
- What do the Admission Portal 3 supplemental security roles give access to?
- How do I allow parents to make edits to their school forms after submitting it in the Admission Portal?
- How can I view the data added to Admission Portal 3.0 school forms?
- What's the difference between a school form and a system form in AP3?
- Can I change the 'Add Another Candidate' button on the inquiry form in AP3?
- If parents add more than one candidate on an inquiry in AP3, will they receive multiple email confirmations (one per child)?
- How do I add a new checklist item to a particular registration season in AP3?
- How do I delete test candidate records in AP3?
- How do I include a response that does not assign a profile code in an AP3 profile code element?
- Why do I receive an error message stating "the records you are trying to create already exist and cannot be created" when I run the "Refresh Candidate Checklist" procedure from the action menu of the registration season record?
- How to I convert a candidate from AP2 to AP3 (after I have launched AP3 with a configured Registration Season for the given Candidate's year-applying-for)?
- How I add our school logo and a photo to our inquiry form in AP3?
- How can I capture a candidate's current school?
- Does AP3 offer functionality for candidates’ schools to upload transcripts directly to our school?
Implementing Admission Portal 3.0
Admission Portal 3.0 is a new framework that gives you as much control as possible over the parent/candidate admission experience prior to enrollment.
Admission Portal 3 Registration Season Type Record
The registration season type (RST) — of which "Admissions Portal" is the only available one at present — has a number of configuration options available.
Admissions Portal Record
The specialized content portal record is simply a Portals 3.0 content portal with special admissions-related features.
Admission Portal 3 Web Form Elements
Web form elements are used throughout forms to record different types of information.
Admission Portal 3 Checklist Items and Widgets
Checklist items are managed year-to-year in Admission Portal 3.0 as season-specific checklists.
Admission Portal 3 Inquiry Forms
The basic purpose of an inquiry form is to provide a streamlined interface to collect basic information about an admissions prospect.
Admission Portal 3 Web Forms
New web forms allow you a high degree of control over the information that end users are able to submit in the admissions process.
Admission Portal 3 Testing Guide
Here is the new version of this article in the Veracross Community. Overview Testing your Admission Portal 3 (AP3) configuration is the final and arguably most critical piece of your AP3 launch. This article outlines how to approach testing in y...
Troubleshooting Form Submissions
A short guide for troubleshooting submission issues in admission portal 3.
Veracross Recommendation Forms
Veracross is happy to announce that we now offer recommendation forms to use during the admission process. Read about the technical documentation of this new functionality below, as well as workflows commonly used in this process.
Candidate Portal Account Configuration
Information about candidate portal accounts in Admission Portal 3.
Admission Leads Inquiry Configuration
Information about configuring Admission Portal 3 inquiry forms to insert admission leads.
The Demographic Widget Type
An overview of the Demographic checklist item widget.
Related Person Cards Guide
A guide providing clarity on the logic used by the portal to determine who should show up for whom and where within the admission portal 3 experience.
Admission Portal 3.0 Conversion Plan
This article will outline the conversion plan for schools converting to Admission Portal 3.0. The conversion plan is organized into milestones. Typically, the school will have time to complete 1 milestone per week as you work with your accoun...
Security Roles for Admission Portal 3.0
Here is the new version of this article in the Veracross Community. The table below describes the security roles necessary for the school personnel working on the Admission Portal configuration. Primary Security Roles (one or the other) ...
Admissions Portal 3.0 Overview
Here is the new version of this article in the Veracross Community. Overview Admission Portal 3.0 is a framework that gives you as much control as possible over the parent/candidate admission experience prior to enrollment. Specifically, you wil...