As of July 12, 2021, this "Learn Veracross" site has been deprecated. It will remain live at least through December 23, 2021, but will no longer be updated. All knowledge content has moved to the new Veracross Community. Please update your bookmarks.
Veracross enables admission offices to operate their application review process paperlessly. Once reviewers are assigned to reviews (candidates), reviewers can make use of the My Reviews homepage to access the reviews assigned to them, as well as to see them broken down by gender, recommendation category, etc.
It can be particularly useful for reviewers who are not otherwise members of the admission department — teachers and coaches, for instance — but who are part of the application review process and given the Admission_Reviewer security role.
The My Reviews homepage is accessible to users with the Admissions_1, Admissions_2, and Admissions_Reviewer security roles.
Using the My Reviews Homepage
There are several sections on the homepage providing direct access to the user’s reviews, as well as summary information that can be drilled into. Only information assigned to the logged-in user is displayed.
“My Candidates” Buttons
At the top of the homepage are several buttons that provide quick access to the user’s candidates. The six buttons will display the same query results with the only difference being filtering. From a query, click View Detail to open the review record.
- My Candidates: View all candidates assigned to the reviewer.
- Pending, Discuss, Accept, Waitlist, Reject: View candidates filtered by the application recommendation category.
The “My Applications for Review” Queries
The six queries have identical layouts and are organized into several column groupings along the top:
- Initial Columns (no title): View the year applying for and recommendation category, click View Detail to open the review record or the applicant’s name to open their person record.
- Candidate Info: See basic candidate info and click View Candidate Profile access the candidate profile.
- Applying For: See campus, grade, etc., for which the applicant is applying.
- Application Info: See information about the application and click the Application ID to directly access their application.
- Review: See information about the specific review, including the review category (repeated from the second column), recommendation, score, total score, notes, and concerns.
- Other Considerations: See additional information that may be helpful in determining a recommendation, such as likeliness to yield and whether the candidate is related to an alumn or board member.
Using the “My Applications for Review” Queries
In addition to getting an overall view of applications assigned to the person logged in, these queries can be useful in the Application Review Process. For example:
- Design the query to remove or add fields to fit the needs of the reviewer, and then save the new query in a personal or shared workspace for future access. For instance, if relationships to alumni, board members, et al. are not important in the review process, remove the “Related to Alumni,” etc., fields from the query, or if the school’s review process does not use the scoring features, score-related fields could be removed.
- Batch update multiple records at once, e.g., to batch update the recommendations of a group of candidates, or add notes to certain candidates’ reviews. The batch-updateable fields are Gender (accessed as “Candidate Info” in the batch update interface), Recommendation, Score, Notes, and Concerns. Read more about batch updating in Axiom.
Summary of Candidates
View candidates in a visual format broken down by grade level, gender, resident status, and repeat applicant prior status.
Note: Resident status may not be relevant for non-boarding schools.
View Detailed Information
Hover the cursor over the bar or pie chart to see detailed information including the type of information (e.g., grade level or gender), the actual number being reported (e.g., 90 applications), and the query on which the chart is based. Click the bar or portion of pie chart to highlight that information.
Opening the Charts
All charts can be drilled into by clicking the box arrow icon in the far right of the section header. Doing so opens the chart in a full Axiom window, at which point the underlying query can be accessed by clicking the name of the query in the lower left tab.
Two embedded queries display recommendations by likeliness to yield important candidates by recommendation category. Both can be opened by clicking the box arrow icon in the far right of the section header.
- Recommendations by Likeliness to Yield: Likeliness to yield is a subjective rating of a candidate’s likeliness to accept admission to the school if offered, and it is updated on the candidate’s person record. Click a number to view the records.
- Important Candidate Summary: Important candidates in the application review process are those with special relationships to the school, e.g., they are related to alumni or a board member. Similar information for all reviewers is displayed in the “Review Exceptions” section of the Application Review homepage.