As of July 12, 2021, this "Learn Veracross" site has been deprecated. It will remain live at least through October 1, 2021, but will no longer be updated. All knowledge content has moved to the new Veracross Community. Please update your bookmarks.
The Admission Portal is configured through two primary records/links in Axiom: the “Admission Portal Config” link and the “Admission Checklist” link. Both are located under the Admissions section on the System homepage. Schools can work with their Account Manager to set opening and closing times for portal users and establish admission checklist items that they would like to appear on the Admission Portal.
Admission Portal Config
The “Admission Portal Config” link on the System Homepage is used to specify basic operating instructions and display options for the Admission Portal.
- Opens: specify a time in which the portal should be accessible for registration and general users.
- Closes: specify a time in which the portal should be closed to all users and no additional logins allowed.
- Create Accounts For Applicants: toggle the switch if Admission Portal user accounts should be created for all applicants entered on the pre-application. This will create separate user accounts for each applicant in addition to parent user accounts.
- New Prospect Web Form: use the dropdown menu to specify whether the “New Prospect” web form should be displayed on the landing page of the Admission Portal.
- Background Image URL: change the header image of the Admission Portal by entering an image URL. This link should be a secure link (https://…).
- School Image URL: change the banner image of the Admission Portal by entering an image URL. Most often this will be the school’s logo. This link should be a secure link (https://…).
- Primary Color: change the color of the “Applicant” display column by entering a hexa-decimal color value including the # symbol. By default the color is blue.
Schools can choose whether or not they would like application fees to be payable online. If the school uses separate application fees for different applicant groups or uses discounts, they can work with their Account Manager to configure the appropriate catalog items for the specific application fees. To configure payment methods, use the fields on the “General” tab of the “Admission Portal Config” detail screen:
- Currency: specify the currency that should be used when paying the application fee.
- Accept ACH: use the checkbox to specify whether online payment will be accepted using ACH.
- Accept Credit Card: use the checkbox to specify whether application fees can be paid using a credit card.
- Allow Online Enrollment: this box is marked yes by default as all enrollments via Veracross are online.
- Consider Offer: a calculated checkbox indicating the “consider offer” functionality has been integrated with admission decisions (internal indicator).
- Messages: display a message to all portal users. This message will appear at the top of the Admission Portal. Markdown syntax can be used for formatting this message.
The Account Lookup page allows a user to enter their email address to determine if they have an account.
- Page Background: change the background image of the Admission Portal by entering an image URL. Most often this will be the school’s logo. This link should be a secure link (https://…).
- Header Background: this field cannot be edited.
- Color Overlay: change the color of the internal window by entering a hexa-decimal color value including the # symbol. By default the color is blue.
- Title: define the message that is displayed at the top of the internal window.
Template – Header Text and Email
The “Text Templates” tab allows for customization of header and footer texts that display on the Admission Portal landing page. Each text template can be edited by selecting the template and entering the appropriate information on the detail screen that appears.
Email Templates are available to communicate the application status when certain tasks have been performed. Decision letter text templates for different application statuses can also be edited here. See the decision letters documentation for more information on configuring these text templates.
Each checklist item’s display and functionality settings can be edited using the “Admissions Checklist” link. To edit an individual checklist item, click the checklist item link to view the record.
This section assumes you have already configured your admissions checklist items in the database. If you have not configured your admissions checklist items, contact your Account Manager for assistance.
Information on the General tab should already be configured when the school sets up their application checklist items. However, there are two important flags on this tab that pertain to display and application review options in the Admission Portal: Applies to Prospects and Required For Review.
- Applies to Prospect
Checklist items flagged with “Applies to Prospects” indicates that these checklist items will be generated on the prospect’s record so that Admissions staff can manually complete these items as needed before the prospect becomes an applicant.
- Required for Review
Checklist items flagged with “Required for Review” indicates that these checklist items must be completed before the application is moved from “Not Ready for Review” to “Pending Review”. This flag, along with the “Required” flag, updates the Application Status to “Not Ready for Review.” Schools can then choose to only review applications once the “Required for Review” checklist items have been completed and the Application Status updates to “Pending.”
- Type: use the drop-down menu to specify the type of checklist item. The type determines the functionality the checklist item will have in the Admission Portal.
- Do Not Display: allows the Admissions office to suppress the checklist item from the portal, but still assign it to the application. This is particularly useful for checklist items that are for internal use only, such as reviewed by notes or other messages.
- Checkout Payment: allows an applicant to pay the admissions fee online if online payment has been configured for the school. This checklist item will move the applicant straight into Veracross Checkout.
- Photo Upload: a file upload option that allows applicants to upload an application photo to display on their record and within the portal.
- .jpg files only
- Send/Download Teacher Rec: a text field that allows applicants to send requests for a teacher recommendation by entering the name and email of the person they would like to complete the recommendation. Entering an email address will send a pre-configured email template to the email address indicated. The template can also be downloaded by selecting the link on the checklist item. This checklist item will only be completed after the recommendation has been returned and the school checks the item as completed on the applicant’s record.
- File Upload: a file upload option that allows applicants to add files, such as transcripts or test scores. These files will be uploaded to the File tab on the person admission record in the database. The default file classification is “Admission Portal,” but you can specify a classification as desired.
The maximum file size is 10mb, and the following filetypes are supported:
- Web Form: allows a web form to be linked to a checklist item. Web form checklist items are configured separately.
- Display Only: allows a checklist item to be display only if the checklist item should be visible to the applicant, but does not require action online.
- Arbitrary Event Scheduling: a calendar display that allows the applicant to select which day he/she would like to schedule an event, such as an interview. This is used in the case where a fixed date is not required for the event. An individual event is created on the applicant’s record.
- Wide Group Event Drop-In: allows the applicant to select a time slot from a pre-configured M-F list of group event times to schedule an admissions event (e.g. open house, campus tour, etc.).
- Group Event Drop-In: allows the applicant to select from a dropdown menu of pre-configured event days to sign up from an admissions event such as an experience day.
- Title: specify the application checklist item’s title that will appear on the Admission Portal.
- Description: enter a description of the application checklist item that will appear as a note on the Admission Portal.
- Recommendation Form: if the application checklist item’s type is “send/download teacher recommendation,” select the corresponding form using the dropdown menu. A link will be emailed to the email address entered, using the form’s specified email template. Recommendation Forms are configured separately.
- URL: if the application checklist item’s type is “send/download teacher recommendation,” a link to display a webpage, online form, or some other downloadable document for the applicant to access.
- Web Form: if the application checklist item’s type is set to “Web Form,” select the corresponding web form using the dropdown menu. The checklist item links to the web form, which opens in a new window.
For event-based items:
The fields in this section are filters for event-based items only. This includes types such as arbitrary event scheduling, wide group event drop-in, or group event drop-in.
- Min Date/Max Date: filter events by specifying a date range in which the events will display. Only events within this range will display.
- Entity Event Type: if the applicant checklist item pertains to an individual event, such as an individual visit, a phone call, or an interview, select the corresponding entity event type using the dropdown menu.
- Event Type: if the applicant checklist item is a group event such as a tour or an open house, select the corresponding event type using the dropdown menu.