As of July 12, 2021, this "Learn Veracross" site has been deprecated. It will remain live at least through July 2022, but will no longer be updated. All knowledge content has moved to the new Veracross Community. Please update your bookmarks.
Step 5 in the AR Invoice Cycle
- On the Accounts Receivable or Student Billing homepage, click on the Charges Ready to Invoice Report under the Reports section.
- Review the results to confirm completeness and correctness of the information presented.
- Click on the Invoice Charges link under the Charge/AR Processing section.
- Select Option Code 5, Add PCI’s to Entity Invoices.
- Specify a School Year.
- Specify an Invoice Type.
- Click Add Invoice Charges to move all charges marked as “ready to invoice” onto invoices matching the School Year and Invoice Type specified.
- To review the new unposted AR Invoice Items, run the Unposted Invoice Items report on the Accounts Receivable homepage. Note: you’ll likely need to specify criteria that will limit the report results to only those transactions you just created (e.g. Input Date and/or Input User as criteria).
- If all looks good in the report resulting from step #8 above, re-run the report from step #1 above. Make certain that there are no items remaining on that report that match the criteria specified in steps #4 and #5. If there are some that linger, some trouble-shooting may be required. Does an AR invoice for that student/household/school year/invoice type exist? Are the charges designated to be billed to a special billing entity (e.g. a non-resident parent, a billing organization)? These are the typical causes for lingering items.
Step 6: Post AR Invoices