Step 5 in the AR Invoice Cycle
- On the Accounts Receivable or Student Billing homepage, click on the Charges Ready to Invoice Report under the Reports section.
- Review the results to confirm completeness and correctness of the information presented.
- Click on the Invoice Charges link under the Charge/AR Processing section.
- Select Option Code 5, Add PCI’s to Entity Invoices.
- Specify a School Year.
- Specify an Invoice Type.
- Click Add Invoice Charges to move all charges marked as “ready to invoice” onto invoices matching the School Year and Invoice Type specified.
- To review the new unposted AR Invoice Items, run the Unposted Invoice Items report on the Accounts Receivable homepage. Note: you’ll likely need to specify criteria that will limit the report results to only those transactions you just created (e.g. Input Date and/or Input User as criteria).
- If all looks good in the report resulting from step #8 above, re-run the report from step #1 above. Make certain that there are no items remaining on that report that match the criteria specified in steps #4 and #5. If there are some that linger, some trouble-shooting may be required. Does an AR invoice for that student/household/school year/invoice type exist? Are the charges designated to be billed to a special billing entity (e.g. a non-resident parent, a billing organization)? These are the typical causes for lingering items.
Step 6: Post AR Invoices