From inside a Financial Statement Spec., the Lines tab is where all the lines for a Financial Statement Spec. can be found. This is also where all of the work will be done to make the report present the way it should, as well as where data should be pulled from (i.e. GL Accounts) and in what order.
What is a FINS Line? A FINS line is what physically prints on a report. Each line in the report has specific fields (that you will populate) that hold the format or data source for that given line. Each line is considered its own record.
Fields on a Line Record Accessible from the Grid
|Account Type 2|
|Account Type 3|
Additional Fields within a Line Record
To view a line record in a FINS report, click on either the Description field of the line or the "pop-out" button for the line in the last column of the grid view.
|Base Account 1|
|Base Account 2|
|Exclude GL Fund|
|Suppress Printing Zero Line|
|Ignore for Integrity|
|Override FINS Column 1-10|
Adding a New Line Using the "Add Record" Button
- From the Lines tab of a Financial Statement Spec., click the green “Add Record” in the top left-hand corner. This will open a small window with the new line record.
- Fill in the desired fields as needed.
- Click the green “Add Financial Statement Line” button.
Creating a Copy of an Existing Line
- From the Lines tab of a Financial Statement Spec., scroll to the line you want to duplicate. On the second to last column, click the open record button, which links to the record for that line. Right click it and open it in a new tab.
- Click on the Organize button (white plus sign next to action menu button) and select “Copy Record”.
- This will open a new FINS Line Record, where you can make the changes needed. Once finished, click “Add Financial Statement Line”.
- This record will not be added until you click “Add Financial Statement Line”.
- Don’t forget to change the sort key!
Adding Lines in Bulk Based on Account Types or Cost Centers
- In the History tab, there are three fields named “GL Cost Center”, “Account Type”, and “Account Type 2”, which can be used to add lines in bulk from the Missing GL Accts tab. If the GL Account already exists as a line in the Financial Statement Spec., it will NOT be printed a second time. The lines will print at the very bottom of the Spec.
- Only one of these criteria can be used at a time.
- Ex: Using the Account Type 2 criteria, I can add all the Asset GL Accounts that are missing from the Financial Statement Spec. by selecting “Assets” from the Account Type 2 dropdown menu.
- From the History Tab, specify the GL Accounts you want to add from the Missing GL Accts tab by putting in a criterion. Then, click update.
- Click on the Action Menu button, then select “Add GL Account Lines.”
- Confirm this action by clicking the green “Add GL Account Lines” button. Once this action is finished, the lines will be added in the Lines tab.
- From the History tab, set the criteria fields back to “none” and click update.